Guggenheim Investment seeks a mid-level attorney to join its team. This person will report to a Managing Director in the Legal Group and will work on a wide variety of matters, with a focus on transactional and investment work. In addition to strong structuring, negotiating, contract interpretation and other core legal skills, the ideal candidate must have a strong legal financial background, having represented banks, asset managers and/or other lending institutions, in connection with various finance matters, including loan origination, syndicated loan facilities, acquisition financings, recapitalizations, and any exposure or experience with structured products would be beneficial.
The position is located in the firm's New York office, but we are open to candidates located in Santa Monica as well.
• Identifying, analyzing and communicating key issues to assist in the evaluation of potential credit investments
• Providing legal advice and counseling in connection with monitoring existing investments
• Structuring and negotiating a variety of transactions including, but not limited to, debt financings, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
• Assisting with various types of contract review, including but not limited to, placement agent agreements.
• Innovative, proactive & solutions-oriented
• A resilient self-starter with exceptional people skills
• Able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the industry in which GPIM operates
• Willing to take on a broad variety of tasks to accomplish project specific goals
• Strong problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and critically analyze various issues associated with sophisticated investment arrangements and debt transactions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Juris Doctor from accredited law school
• 2-5 years finance industry experience
• Familiarity with credit documentation including, but not limited to, credit agreements, indentures and intercreditor agreements
Annual base salary between $140,000 to $150,000.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. Actual base salaries may vary depending on factors such as location and experience. The range listed reflects base salary only, and the total compensation package may include other components such as incentive compensation.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.