Guggenheim Investments is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its Project Management Team which is responsible for solutioning and delivering high impact and critical operational initiatives. This person will serve as a senior project manager to the Head of Project Management who is responsible for all the planning, organizing, and delivery of strategic operations projects through the project lifecycle following strict deadlines and budgetary controls.
A successful candidate will have extensive experience working within fixed income asset management and strategic operations. They will have a strong track record working with a varied of vendors and products in identifying efficiencies and operational best practices. This candidate will be a solution oriented, collaborator, and leader who is highly efficient and effective in complex, fast pace, dynamic environments and has extensive experience working with senior leadership.
This role will be based out of New York/Darien and will require some travel between various offices as needed
• Serve as a senior project manager to the Head of Project Management and support her with a “can-do” attitude to oversee, coordinate and deliver successful, on-time and within budget, programs, projects, and strategic initiatives.
• Provide project management expertise for projects that span Guggenheim Investments Operations- projects range from process improvement, compliance/regulatory, system implementations and divestitures and other special projects as directed by senior management.
• Develop a deep understanding of the “big picture” with upstream and downstream implications to facilitate discussions, solutions and/or resolution of complex cross-functional, cross-project roadblocks.
• Work with key executives and stakeholders to prioritizes projects and sequencing of projects to deliver value to the business, while mitigating risks to other projects.
• Identify and manage dependencies across multiple complex inter-related projects.
• Provide hands-on leadership and support to team members by rolling up their sleeves and performing all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
• Own the design, build out and maintenance of the project management tools used by the Project Management Team.
• Develop project plans (both “right-to-left” & “left-to-right”) and consistently deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentation materials.
• Define project scope, objectives, milestones, success criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management & stakeholders.
• Ensure that business and technical resources are appropriately allocated, available and managed for each project.
• Identify, manage and mitigate risk, issues and action items.
• Assist with change management deliverables, such as stakeholder impacts, communication, and training.
• Assist with system and vendor relationships as needed.
• Effectively and succinctly communicate with the firm’s most senior leadership.
• Develop a close working relationship with key stakeholders around the organization including, but not limited to, operational functions, Legal, Compliance, Technology, Risk Management, and the Front Office.
• Knowledge of Financial Services, Asset Management, Fixed Income, Insurance.
• Experience in management consulting.
• Extensive experience making decisions and managing projects in a regulated environment.
• Experience with Monday.com, Azure, PowerBI, Aladdin, Workday, BISAM.
• Undergraduate degree in business, science, or engineering with at least 10+ years’ experience in program & project management and system implementations.
• Deep experience and understanding of Project Lifecycles and Systems Development Life Cycles.
• Extensive track record of delivering large complex operational projects.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products required.
• Organized, detail oriented, and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
• Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
• Exceptional leader, mentor, and thinker with phenomenal motivational and coaching skills.
• Exceptional communication & listening skills with the ability to ask pointed and open-end questions necessary to bring group consensus.
• Able to translate between technical and business leaders at the highest levels.
• Must be able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Annual base salary between $160,000 and $175,000.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. Actual base salaries may vary depending on factors such as location and experience. The range listed reflects base salary only, and the total compensation package may include other components such as incentive compensation.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.