Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Fund Accountant to join its Alternative Investments Accounting Team. Reporting to the Fund Controllers, this person will join a highly collaborative team and assist the Fund Controllers with completing the month end financial close process, preparing monthly financial statements, overseeing the fund administrator, assisting in year-end audits, and performing other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned from time to time. The successful candidate will have accounting experience in the financial services space and be comfortable interacting in a team-based environment.
The Fund Accountant role presents an opportunity to be involved in all accounting aspects for private funds and structured products.
• Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund’s NAV including working with an external fund administrator when necessary
• Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors
• Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions
• Prepare month-end investor statements
• Monitor expense budgets and accruals
• Understand and be able to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
• Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
• Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
• Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, operations, analysts, and legal
• CPA Strongly Preferred
• Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
• Exposure to investment companies such as hedge funds, private equity funds, CLOs, or similar accounting
• BS/BA required
• 1-3 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience in financial services
Annual base salary between $95,000 to $110,000.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. Actual base salaries may vary depending on factors such as location and experience. The range listed reflects base salary only, and the total compensation package may include other components such as incentive compensation.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.