The Mid-Level Municipal Credit Analyst will conduct primary research of the $20 billion in AUM of taxable and tax-exempt municipal securities. 75% of the AUM is in taxable securities. The team is responsible for credit analysis across a variety of highly fragmented and credit intensive sectors. These include state, local government, utilities, transportation, healthcare, education, and others. In addition to traditional financial analysis, the position also requires in-depth work on the legal characteristics of security structure, such as mutability of cash flow waterfalls, enforceability of tax levies, legality of issuance authorization, substitutability of indentures, and others.
• Analyze new issue and secondary market municipal credits to create reports, analyses, and recommendations
• Prepare credit memoranda on potential purchases and existing investments
• Build templates and applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the broader organization
• Monitor portfolio holdings and municipal sectors for credit changes and material news and events
• Provide team leader with ongoing information about market sentiment, liquidity, volatility, and other market information about the sector
• Automate reports and dashboards to improve team processes
• Assist in the development automated templates used for holdings analysis, relative value assessment, peer group comparison, and financial statement analysis.
• Ensure adherence with firm policies and procedures with respect to investment underwriting, compliance, trading
• Participate in training/staff development
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• Experience in research, analysis and/or trading Municipal credit
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Bloomberg
• Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner
• Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product
• Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
• Familiarity with the Blackrock Solutions Aladdin system
• Undergraduate Degree required with concentrations in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field. MBA and or CFA is a plus
The annual base salary for this role is between $200,000 - $350,000. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. Actual base salaries may vary depending on factors such as location and experience. The range listed reflects base salary only, and the total compensation package may include other components such as incentive compensation.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.
Software Powered by iCIMS