Guggenheim Investments is seeking a seasoned tax professional to join its Alternative Investments Tax Team. This position will be responsible for the tax compliance of credit focused private funds (hedge funds, hybrid funds etc.), structured securitization vehicles (CLOs, aircraft financing deals, real estate financing, infrastructure investments), real estate funds, private equity funds and SPVs. The product exposure runs the gamut but is primarily credit focused (bank loans, bonds, ABS, structured products).
The right individual will be smart, diligent, self-motivated and will be excited to broaden his/her experience. The Tax Senior Associate is going to be reporting to the Tax Director and will sit in the NY office.
• Assume full responsibility for all tax compliance administration for credit focused private funds, real estate funds, private equity funds and SPVs
• Manage and oversee the tax service providers
• Assume full responsibility for all partnership, corporate and other tax engagements
• Review partner tax allocations, tax adjustments, Schedules K-1, and Forms 1065
• Prepare and review tax estimates
• Prepare FIN 48 analysis and review tax related footnotes on the Financial Statements
• Participate in tax planning and monitoring of book vs. tax return differences throughout the year
• Ensure accurate completion of Schedules K-1 and tax filings by applicable deadlines
• Prepare and review written responses to tax notices from various federal and state tax agencies
• 4+ years of tax experience in the alternative investment industry or a Big Four accounting firm
• International tax experience is a plus
• Strong technical tax knowledge in dealing with credit products
• Comprehensive and broad based experience in federal and state tax law; substantive understanding of tax compliance
• Must have demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 6 years of experience from a Big Four firm or asset management firm
• Active CPA
Annual base salary between $117,000 and $130,000.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. Actual base salaries may vary depending on factors such as location and experience. The range listed reflects base salary only, and the total compensation package may include other components such as incentive compensation.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.
Software Powered by iCIMS